Hall Funeral Home and Tribute Center is a family-owned business celebrating 60 years of professional, compassionate service to Midcoast Maine with three locations in Boothbay, Waldoboro, and Thomaston, Maine. We currently have a full time opening for a Funeral Director/Embalmer. The qualified candidate will work in all three locations. This is the opportunity to grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
General Accountabilities: Provides customer service in all areas of funeral arrangements, cremation ceremonies and internment to assist families achieve peace following the loss of a loved one. Provides exemplary personalized and professional service. Implements choices made by the families or legal representative regarding the funeral, final disposition of the body and memorialization of the individual. Interacts with the family to fulfill death care needs. Ensures customer needs are addressed in a respectful dignified manner.
- Arranges and conducts funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner consistent with company policies and procedures ---Negotiates and enters into funeral contracts
- Handles contracts, legal documents, and collection of payment in accordance with company policies.
- Ensures client families are informed of special recognition/services available for veterans and ensures the delivery of selected recognition/services.
- Arranges for the interment or cremation of human remains
- Adheres to all company and regulatory requirements
- Retains heritage and grows market share through active involvement with community, religious and other organizations
- Performs on-call responsibilities including:
- Taking first calls
- Talking with families
- Answering questions
- Providing initial details
- Conducting transfers
- Confirms authorization to proceed with the service arrangements
- Supervises and cares for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include: Embalming, including verifying identification of the deceased and obtaining authorization for embalming
- Restoring Dressing, styling hair and/or applying cosmetics.
- Preparing cremated remains, including container selection, paperwork and identification procedures
- Any other preparation required for human remains
- Supervises funeral services by:
- Supervising the parking of cars
- Driving funeral vehicles
- Assisting at chapel and church services
- Assisting at the cemetery
- Delivering flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families
- Setting up chairs and the removing, properly caring for and storing of these items
- Participating at special functions
- Other duties, as required
- Ensures adherence to all applicable professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal licensing authority, regulations and rules
- Provides aftercare. Aftercare includes follow up phone calls to family
- Presenting Pre-arrangement options for next of kin
- Ensures potential pre-need referrals are shared with pre-planning staff
- Completes and accurately prepares of all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, and any other type of data entry; prepares reports as necessary
- May assist with general office duties
- May assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property
- Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as places into inventory
- Ensures refreshments are available
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Education: High School diploma or general equivalency degree (or diploma). –
- Completion of a dual degree training program at an accredited mortuary college or technical school specializing in funeral AND mortuary science.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Embalmer, Apprentice or Funeral Director, Apprentice in a funeral firm or embalming facility.
- Must meet all licensing requirement in Maine as required by law as prescribed by the state board.
- Valid drivers license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of religious and fraternal organizations customs.
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
Hall Funeral Home. Who we are. What we do.
We are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need. We understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical)
- Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
- Reimbursement for reasonable moving expenses.
Hall’s offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. Join the premier funeral and tribute team staff in beautiful Midcoast Maine. Interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com