Position Description: As an Apprentice at Goodwin Funeral Home & Cremation Services, you will work and learn under the direct supervision of our licensed Embalmer and Funeral Director, Sean Peschel. As we are a small firm, you will experience and work in almost every aspect of this career. We are looking for positive, compassionate, and professional individuals with a strong work ethic. We believe in providing the best services a family can receive and working as a team to ensure that happens.
- Transports deceased person from place of death to funeral home, on services, etc.
- Works on-call.
- Observe and assist in meeting with families of the deceased to create services designed to meet their expectations.
- Obtains information needed to complete required documents such as death certificates, burial permits, and insurance.
- Participate in all service arrangements and details with clergy, other presiding persons, fraternal or military organizations, and others who may participate in conducting the funeral service.
- Assist with planning and scheduling of visitations and services.
- Under direction of a licensed Embalmer, participate in preparation of the deceased, dressing, casketing and restorative measurers when necessary.
- Assist with placing caskets in visitation area, arrange flowers and memorial items.
- Work all types of services and take part in directing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must live within 30 minutes of Goodwin Funeral Home located at 607 Chestnut Street, Manchester, NH 03104.
- Must be enrolled and/or plan to obtain a degree with an accredited Mortuary Science program within the first year of apprenticeship.
- Adherence to dress code (business attire and conservative appearance.)
- Valid state issued driver license in good standing with an acceptable driving record.
- Attend and perform work in a professional and courteous manner.
- Positive attitude and energy.
- Ability to work with a team and independently.
- Creativity when dealing with families.
- Must have a comfort level with computers.
- Must be able to pass full background Check.
Please contact Emma G. Kelly at her email, firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or call 603-490-7403 with any questions.