Brewitt Funeral Service & Crematory Inc. is looking to add a Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer or Apprentice to the team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional and caring manner -Carry out funeral services from retrieval of the deceased to final disposition
- Assist in the maintenance of the facilities, grounds, and vehicles
- Ensure that all federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry are followed
- Prepare the memorial area for the family before the services start
- Ensure that flowers and other memorabilia are returned to the family after services
- Maintain reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
- Train all staff and strictly enforce all logging, identification, casketing and cremation procedures
- Complete embalming, disinfecting, dressing, preparing and casketing the deceased using appropriate precautions and OSHA standards in a manner that honors the deceased
- Processing of cremated remains, and possible cremating of human remains if employee can obtain a Crematory Operator Certificate
- Being on-call Monday through Friday and two weekends a month
Requirements and Qualifications
- Current apprentice or funeral director license or certification if required by state regulations
- Professional communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner -Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry.
- Apply by emailing resume to email@example.com, or call 603-502-7592
Salary & Benefits:
- Our starting offer for a full-time salary position would be $50,000 (This is a starting salary and increases would be given as years go on based on job performance). In addition, we would also offer health benefits from Anthem BC&BS or future equivalent.
- We have two properties that have living quarters to offer an employee in need (one being at our Exeter, NH funeral home which has 4 bedrooms above the funeral home section for someone that may have a family), (the other is a 2/3 bedroom apartment at our Raymond, NH location)